In line with the Australian Privacy Act 1988, Sapphire Healthcare Recruitment Pty Ltd trading as Sapphire Healthcare Recruitment operates according to a strict policy to protect your privacy. This policy relates to how we collect, use and disclose any personal information and applies to users of our website and job alert services, and to individuals who apply for positions through our organisation.
Types of Personal Information Collected
Sapphire Healthcare Recruitment needs to collect personal information in order to assess and manage your application for employment. This information is collected with your knowledge and consent, and may include, but is not limited to;
- Personal information that identifies you
- Contact details such as telephone numbers, residential address, postal address and email addresses
- Documentation such a resumes, cover letters, qualifications, academic transcripts and references
- Current driving history for field based roles
- Information obtained during the recruitment process and in post placement follow-up
How we use your Personal Information
We will collect your personal information to provide recruitment services to you and to facilitate the recruitment process. This information is used to assess your application against vacancies that we are managing. With your prior consent we may send your information to hiring companies in order for you to apply for jobs and for them to assess your eligibility.
We may disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it is primarily held or for a related secondary purpose. We may disclose your personal information where we are under a legal duty to do so, including circumstances where we are under a lawful duty of care to disclose information.
From time to time we may seek your consent to process, use or disclose your information for any other purpose not listed above.
Collecting your Personal Information
We collect your personal information;
- When you apply for a vacancy and / or submit your resume for review
- When you subscribe to receive for job alerts
- If we meet you in person
- During the recruitment process if additional information is required to facilitate your application
- Every time we have contact with you relating to your job seeking requirements
- If we are required to conduct reference checks for you
- When we follow up your appointment into a new role with you and your manager
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your personal information is maintained and up to date. However, you are under a duty to inform us of any and all changes to your personal information to ensure that it is current and we will update or delete your personal information accordingly.
From time to time we use external contractors who may see some of your personal information. Our contractors may include;
- Information technology support professionals
- Database developers
- Temporary office staff
- Accountants and bookkeepers
- Other consultants such as legal representatives
Subject to some exceptions that are set out in the National Privacy Principles, you can gain access to the personal information that we hold about you. We do refuse access if it would interfere with the privacy rights of other persons or if it breaches any confidentiality that attaches to that information. If you wish to obtain access to your personal information, you should contact our Privacy Manager. You will need to be in a position to verify your identity. We might impose a moderate administration charge in providing access. Our Privacy Manager would discuss this with you. You should also anticipate that it may take a little time to process your application for access as there may be a need to retrieve information from storage and review information in order to determine what information may be provided.
Enquiries and Complaints
For more information or to make an enquiry or complaint, please contact our Privacy Manager in writing;
Sapphire Healthcare Recruitment Pty Ltd
PO Box 709